Safe demolition and relocation is a key part of improving local neighbourhoods and city centres. It can be an efficient, cost-effective way of transforming areas which need updating and dealing with older properties from the 1960s and 1970s which have become too expensive to maintain.
Nottingham City Homes, who manage Nottingham City Council’s rented and leasehold homes, have been working hard to enhance neighbourhoods throughout Nottingham. Their demolition programme aims to help hundreds of tenants find new homes, as well as supporting many more applicants going through the process.
This demolition work is part of a wider initiative to build a better Nottingham through modernisation and urban regeneration. Demolition projects currently underway in 2015 include:
- Newgate Court which is due to be demolished during April – November
- a construction of 51 homes is currently underway in Cranwell Road, Strelley, where 20 family houses, 20 flats and 11 bungalows will be completed for winter 2015-16
- demolition is currently taking place in The Meadows ‘Q-blocks’ where 54 new homes will be built
- residents in Willoughby Court have been rehoused and demolishing is currently taking place, ending in March 2015
Furthermore, major redevelopment programmes are happening in the city to improve the area and revive the sites, including:
- Sneinton Market Redevelopment
- Nottingham Bioscience Facility
These large-scale projects will improve the social, economic and physical aspects of the city by tightening ties within the community, providing job opportunities and enhancing the overall appearance of the area.
While these programmes signify a proactive change in improving the city, it’s very important that all demolition work is carried out safely and efficiently using an accredited qualified demolition company. Throughout the entire process, there are strict procedures and guidelines in place to ensure the highest standards of care are met.
As a leading demolition company, here at ProDem all our work is carried out under the strictest guidelines to ensure every precaution is taken to protect the site and it’s surrounding area. When hiring our services you can rest assured knowing that we will deliver a safe, reliable and professional service at all times. As an accredited Local Authority Approved company, we are members of:
- the Construction Plant Association
- the National Federation of Demolition Contractors
- Construction Plant-hire Association
- National Demolition Training Group
Whatever the scale, size or requirements of the project, our experienced team will carry out all demolition work with the total precision and care. For further information or to book an appointment with us, don’t hesitate to get in touch today.